Organic Chemistry II Subscribe with Bloglines class wiki class vodcast

Monday, August 01, 2005

Cesium fluoride-Celite: a solid base for efficient syntheses of aromatic esters and ethers



In the syntheses of aromatic esters and ethers, CsF-Celite has been found to be a very efficient, convenient and practical reagent. In fact, it is used for the coupling reactions of a number of aromatic and heteroaromatic phenols with alkyl, acyl or benzoyl halides.

Many other organic reactions have recently been catalyzed by CsF-Celite, such as the reactions to synthesize carboxylic esters, γ-lactones, N-alkylation of anilines, or carboxamides.

For more reference, please click on http://www.citeulike.org/user/hongan1985/article/270811

9 Comments:

  • 1) your second example does not make sense
    2) fix spelling and grammar errors

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 6:16 AM  

  • I've already fixed the second reaction.

    By Blogger atd36, at 8:40 PM  

  • the reaction is ok now - just fix the spelling and grammar

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 6:05 AM  

  • Dr Bradley, could you tell me which spelling is wrong?

    By Blogger atd36, at 8:05 AM  

  • I really shouldn't have to tell you which words. Copy and paste into Word if you have to for the grammar and spelling mistakes of common words and recheck the chemical names in the article.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 9:23 AM  

  • I've fixed all of the wrong words. In fact, I've got used to another way of calling organic compounds in other language (such as "eter" instead of "ether" in English). I've also just come to US for a short time. Besides, words sometimes cannot check all of the organic compounds. I will try to be careful about that in the future.
    I still have one question. Is "heteromatic" or "heteromatric" a right spelling? In this situation, "heteromatic" will make more sense because it matches with "aromatic" in front. But I also found other name which is "heteromatric". I'm confused if they are different or the same. Thanks!

    By Blogger atd36, at 1:45 PM  

  • 1) it would be heteroaromatic
    2) it should be "has been found", not "has found"
    3) otherwise I think it looks good.

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 2:12 PM  

  • Dr Bradley, I've corrected all the mistakes. I didn't look at "has been found". I just tried to fix the names of organic compounds. Anyway, thanks for your comment and I'll be more careful next time!

    By Blogger atd36, at 2:55 PM  

  • Full marks.
    -just fix heteroaromatic

    By Blogger Jean-Claude Bradley, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home